911 Cabrio Exhaust System | Technical Forum | Forums

Please read the forum rules.

You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 3 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

911 Cabrio Exhaust System

UserPost

2:00 pm
December 17, 2018

dscodeller

posts 1

I'm looking to upgrade to a performance exhaust system on my 01 Cabrio

so far can't seem to find much on line, any recos on what would be best choices, and who could install?

6:02 pm
January 15, 2019

Water Hound

South Surrey, BC

posts 13

I have an '04 cabriolet and have done a "Gundo hack" to the stock exhaust system. Effectively it's a Porsche Sport Exhaust without the open/close solenoid – ie always open. All exhaust gases pass through at least a portion of the muffler so it's somewhat muted. Great option that isn't too loud with the top down. Absolutely love mine and no regrest at all after over 2 years.

On my '04 C4S I really considered doing the "Fister mod" to the exhaust which is a true partial muffler bypass. Sounds great on the cars I've heard with it done.

At the end of the day I ended up with a set of Quicksilver mufflers from the Okturbofest event last fall and had them mounted on the C4S coupe. WOW! This would be a bit too loud in a cabriolet in my opinion but is amazing and throaty on the coupe.

Come out to a Jeff's Coffee and Curves drive or Gruppe J event for an earful.

Jeff

About the Porsche Club of America – Canada West Region Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Vancouver

Administrators: RayG (482 Posts), Owain (364 Posts), susanrsa (176 Posts), admin (2 Posts)

Moderators: ErwinK (89 Posts), Water Hound (13 Posts), matt928s4 (11 Posts), Zeus993 (10 Posts), AdrianB (1 Post), katefenton (0 Posts)