Recommendation: restoration shop for classic 911 | Technical Forum | Forums

Please read the forum rules.

You must be logged in to post Login

Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 3 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Recommendation: restoration shop for classic 911

UserPost

12:04 pm
April 14, 2019

Super Carrera Andrew

Super Carrera Andrew

posts 5

Hello everyone,

I am new to the club, I hope to meet some of you soon :)

I am looking for a shop in the lower mainland (or even a bit further is ok) that will do restoration on interior and exterior of a 911SC (a lot of body shops I've talked to just can't take the project). I can give you more details but basically needs new carpet/headliner, some very minor body repair, full paint, new trim/seals etc…

Mechanically she is running beautifully, but is starting to show her age, I'd really like to find a place that won't mess this up. Even if their Porsche experience is limited, as long as they take great pride in their work they do I think it will be ok.

If anyone can point me in the right direction or has advice for me, I really appreciate it! 

Andrew

10:07 am
April 15, 2019

Owain

Driving in the rain

Admin

posts 365

You might try Integra Collision on Clark, if you haven't already called them. I've never had any work done there, but I go past there most days and their lot is always full of Porsches of every vintage.

Owain

'87 944 Turbo

Website admin

12:19 pm
April 15, 2019

Super Carrera Andrew

Super Carrera Andrew

posts 5

Post edited 10:53 pm – April 15, 2019 by Super Carrera Andrew

[Update]

Hi Owain, so I went to chat with them and it's really the same story I get from all the body shops I've visited so far. All of the old Porsches still there are projects left over from the previous owner (who apparently loved working on them), but now is under new ownership and they only focus on ICBC claims. They were very nice and we just chatted a while, recommended I look for smaller shops doing custom projects further out from the city.

Anyways I'll keep at it.

Andrew

5:49 pm
May 9, 2019

Buckmaster

posts 1

Try giving RWM & Co a call (www.rwmandco.com). I have met Robert the owner and they do restorations of Porsches, Alphas, etc.. He actually stopped to help me when my car broke down on the side of the road (pesky fuse connections). Very nice guy.

6:06 am
May 27, 2019

matt928s4

South Surrey, Crescent Beach

posts 13

Andrew, one of our members had his 928 interior re-done at Panther Glass and Upholstery in Abbotsford, the guy there is Clayton 604-859-2983. he did a very good job.

11:32 am
May 27, 2019

Super Carrera Andrew

Super Carrera Andrew

posts 5

Buckmaster said:

Try giving RWM & Co a call (www.rwmandco.com). I have met Robert the owner and they do restorations of Porsches, Alphas, etc.. He actually stopped to help me when my car broke down on the side of the road (pesky fuse connections). Very nice guy.

Thanks Buckmaster I have been to RWM&Co and met with Robert, twice in fact. They do incredible work from what I have seen, and I really had my hopes up… but well over a year on the "waiting list" and multiple calls and messages and emails with no responses at all just game me the impression they we not interested in this project. Which is fine, I just wish they were a bit more organized and kept communication better with customers. I have never tried so hard to give someone my money lol. But like I said, very nice people and their work is tops notch.

PS: You should visit their shop if you haven't, they have open houses a few times a year. It's quite impressive and it's IN the airport!

ap

11:36 am
May 27, 2019

Super Carrera Andrew

Super Carrera Andrew

posts 5

matt928s4 said:

Andrew, one of our members had his 928 interior re-done at Panther Glass and Upholstery in Abbotsford, the guy there is Clayton 604-859-2983. he did a very good job.

Thanks Matt! 

I MIGHT have found a guy for the project, but we are just sorting out budget and time frame so I don't want to jinx it… LOL. I'll post an update if it happens and I plan to document the process in detail from beginning to end.

ap

11:39 am
May 27, 2019

matt928s4

South Surrey, Crescent Beach

posts 13

Although more than an interior restoration check out the series on YouTube Bruce's 928. I think it is about 8 or 10 episodes, Bruce is one of our members.

11:49 am
May 27, 2019

Super Carrera Andrew

Super Carrera Andrew

posts 5

matt928s4 said:

Although more than an interior restoration check out the series on YouTube Bruce's 928. I think it is about 8 or 10 episodes, Bruce is one of our members.

I'm checking this out right now, very cool! I never see any 928's in the wild any more. The rear ends on them especially the S4 is just gorgeous. 

Speaking of Porsches I never see, I saw a super clean 944 with gold (BBS I think) rims last night on the highway. Not sure if it's anyone here…

ap

About the Porsche Club of America – Canada West Region Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Vancouver

Administrators: RayG (482 Posts), Owain (365 Posts), susanrsa (176 Posts), admin (2 Posts)

Moderators: ErwinK (89 Posts), Water Hound (13 Posts), matt928s4 (13 Posts), Zeus993 (10 Posts), AdrianB (1 Post), katefenton (0 Posts)